Total Pageviews

A Dog Barber, Betrayed

Dear Diary:

My two Westies have been beautifully groomed at A Cut Above ever since we moved to the Upper West Side about three years ago.

Last fall, though, a neighborhood pet boutique owner prodded me into trying her grooming service. Wishing to support another local business, I decided to give them a go. The dogs looked fine afterward, but the next month we returned to A Cut Above as usual.

When I went to pick up my dogs, the receptionist said, “José thinks you’ve been cheating on him with another groomer.”

Abashed and apologetic, I confessed my dalliance. I turned and saw José standing there with crossed arms. He glared at me and said, “Those were not my lines.”

Read all recent entries and our updated submissions guidelines. Reach us via email diary@nytimes.com or follow @NYTMetro on Twitter using the hashtag #MetDiary.