Total Pageviews

Giving a Subway Hog the Business

Dear Diary:

One morning a couple of weeks ago, the A train pulled into 168th bulging with people. As I stepped up to the doors, it was pretty clear I was the last person who was going to squeeze in … until a businessman behind me grabbed my shoulder and pulled me off the car so he could take my place before the doors shut.

The doors hesitated and stayed open just long enough for me to LIGHT HIM UP! My friends say I’m too nice. Well, there was no Midwestern charm coming out of my mouth. Just verbal diarrhea. Then several other riders starting digging into him, and loudly.

The doors closed, the train pulled away, taking him with it, and the platform speakers announced that another A train was pulling into the station. I stepped onto a mostly empty car and took a seat beaming with pride.

Read all recent entries and our updated submissions guidelines. Reach us via email diary@nytimes.com or follow @NYTMetro on Twitter using the hashtag #MetDiary.