Total Pageviews

A Boxer With an Unfriendly Owner

Dear Diary:

I love dogs, so it’s not unusual for me to stop while walking my 60-pound mutt â€" or when I’m just headed somewhere â€" to reach over and pet one on the street. I always ask the owner first if it’s O.K., and usually, they’re as accommodating as I am because, after all, they understand!

While out at lunchtime on a recent Thursday, a beautiful boxer caught my eye, and, as usual, I walked over to get a few minutes of dog time during my workday.

“Is she friendly?” I asked the owner, getting ready to bend down and get a slobbery kiss.

“She is, but I’m not,” the lanky, well-dressed man said, as he yanked on the leash and pulled her away.

Read all recent entries and our updated submissions guidelines. Reach us via email diary@nytimes.com or follow @NYTMetro on Twitter using the hashtag #MetDiary.