Total Pageviews

Thanks for Your Great Driving

Dear Diary:

I drive for a living, using the cars of my customers to take them to their destinations.

I found myself driving in Midtown one beautiful day with the usual traffic woes: congestion, noise, horns blaring and a million pedestrians. Reaching the intersection of 58th Street and Sixth Avenue, I decided not to cross the street and block the box. (Though horns blared behind me.)

Pedestrians began crossing in front of me (against the light for them), until one woman approached my car and yelled to me, “You’re a very courteous driver!”

Stunned, I muttered thank you and watched her walk away.

Read all recent entries and our updated submissions guidelines. Reach us via e-mail diary@nytimes.com or follow @NYTMetro on Twitter using the hashtag #MetDiary.